The chief executive of Hong Kong and tech entrepreneur-turned-academic Vivek Wadwha are set to headline a real estate conference industry conference next week in Hong Kong which aims at exploring the impact of changes in technology in the development of cities and use of land, as well as a number of related industry trends.
Leung, who is the senior official in charge of Hong Kong will be delivering the opening keynote at the Urban Land Institute’s Asia Pacific Summit from May 20th to 22nd. Besides Leung and Wadhwa the event will include talks by a number of other industry leaders. Here’s a partial list:
- Lynn C. Thurber, chairman, LaSalle Investment Management
- Joseph Azrack, Senior Advisor, Apollo Global Management
- Andrew Zhou, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ping An Real Estate
- Christopher Heady, Senior Managing Director, The Blackstone Group
- Marilyn Taylor, Dean of the University Pennsylvania School of Design
Officially titled, “What’s Next? The Dynamics of the Future” the nonprofit industry group’s conference will include discussions of the impact of technological advances on the real estate requirements of the retail, logistics and hospitality sectors, and the connection between health and the built environment.
Regarding real estate investment, the summit will examine opportunities to use investment to help improve the health of people and create more valuable, thriving communities.
On a local level the event will look into the accelerating integration of Hong Kong with China’s Pearl River Delta.