Here is a list of the day’s latest China real estate news collected from around the web:
- China Vanke Reports Sales Jump
China Vanke, the country’s largest property developer by sales, recorded an increase in sales in May from April as well as from a year earlier, as more buyers stepped in from the sidelines of the beleaguered housing market. The company, whose sales figures are considered a bellwether for the country’s property sector, said that sales in May totaled 10.72 billion yuan dollars (US$1.68 billion).
- China Affirms Its Love Affair with LV
As China prepares to replace Japan in the top spot for worldwide luxury consumption, Louis Vuitton is well placed to capitalize further on its brand. Tiffany Tan reports in Beijing. Fang Wenting has had an eight-year love affair with Louis Vuitton. The 30-year-old bought her first LV in 2004, the classic Speedy 30 handbag in Monogram Multicolore Canvas.
- Luxury Villas Leading a Rebound in Shanghai Home Sales
ROBUST sales of villas propelled new home transactions in Shanghai to the highest in two months last week, according to latest market data. The purchases of new homes, excluding government-funded affordable housing, rose 15.5 percent from the previous seven-day period to 214,300 square meters, Shanghai Deovolente Realty Co said in a report released yesterday.
- Zippo the Latest International Brand to Plan China Retail Presence
Zippo Manufacturing Co. is planning to open five retail outlets later this year in China.
Besides lighters, the Bradford, Pa.-based company, which employs 800 worldwide, will be selling myriad products including clothing, accessories and its Zippo perfume.
This list is updated daily, so tune in again tomorrow for more up to date information, or subscribe to our daily email news digest to get this delivered to your mailbox.
- China Vanke posts 33 pct jump in Oct sales – and more of Today’s China Real Estate Links | November 7, 2012
- Vanke sales down 39.84% in Feb – and more of today’s China Real Estate Links | March 7, 2012
- Shanghai June land sales to exceed $32.4b – and more of Today’s China Real Estate Links | June 28, 2013
- Greentown China reports better results after sales of assets -and more of Today’s China Real Estate Links | August 28, 2012
- China Vanke May property sales up 32 pct, growth rate slows – and more of Today’s China Real Estate Links | June 6, 2013
Sign up for our newsletters
- Greenland Sells RMB 1.5 Bil in Sydney Homes in First Weekend
- Shanghai Tower Crane Operator Wins Photo Prize
- RightSite Featured in Wall Street Journal Article on China's Warehouse Market
- Singapore Developer Sets Shanghai Land Price Record with Huangpu Buy
- Evergrande Joins with Harvard to Build Hospitals in China
- SOHO China's Zhang Xin Beats Out Brad Pitt to Buy NY Townhouse
- Today’s China Real Estate Links | December 9, 2013
- Comings and Goings: Who’s Changing Jobs in China Commercial Real Estate 2013-12-09
- Shui On Sells Shanghai Project for RMB 3.32 Bil – 2nd Sale in 1 Week
- UK Group to Invest £40 million in China Health Centres
- More defaults expected at China’s property trusts – Today’s China Real Estate Links | December 6, 2013
- GLP Extends Cooperation with COFCO to Lease 30,000 Sqm (323,000 Sq Ft) in China
- China final HSBC factory PMI eases to 50.8 in November
- Johnson Controls opens Chengdu plant to supply Volvo
- GLP Launches US$3 Billion China Logistics Fund
- Mercedes-Benz Opens Engine Factory in China
- Merck to build new pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in China